Master of Science in International Business
A powerful AACSB-accredited online program that quickly globalizes your career.
Just 10 courses stand between you and multinational business success. As you compete in the global marketplace, you’re asked a constant stream of questions that require international business knowledge to answer responsibly.
The online Master of Science in International Business (MSIB) provides you with the specific knowledge you need in your role — or the role you want — to rapidly make you the globalization expert in your organization.
Customize Your Curriculum
This business degree prepares you to deal with the nuances of day-to-day operations and strategies of international business and public policy through two complementary modules.
- Module 1: Learn the specifics of international business.
Topics include framework and assessment of operations in other countries, management and leadership across different cultures and economies, evaluating international business opportunities, public policy, and more.
- Module 2: Focus on a particular business discipline.
Complement your international business learning with master’s level coursework in your desired focus areas such as accounting, economics, leadership, human resources, marketing, entrepreneurship, and analytics.
Available to You Now!
GMAT and Fee Waivers
Solve the Challenges You Face in Moving Your Company Abroad — Now
Completing real-world coursework in this program means you can take your work, and your business challenges, to school. Use them as the basis for assignments, projects, and discussion posts to receive expert feedback and help inform your decisions.
You’ll successfully mitigate operational risk and build profitable globalization strategies in real-time, making it clear you’re more than ready to lead your organization through this change.
Online MSIB Program Benefits
- Earn your degree in as few as 18 months
- Learn with intensive, 7-week courses
- 100% online format — learn when and where it's convenient for you
- Gain admission with any undergraduate background
- Learn from PhD-qualified faculty with extensive education and industry experience
- Gain access to a personal career coach and all other available student services
- Scholarships and financial aid may be available
- GMAT and fee waivers are available for qualified applicants
Your M.S. in International Business Earns Global Success
The degree focuses on the many intricate details that could mean success or failure for a business expanding or starting international operations. Professionals at every level and across a multitude of industries learn together so they’re prepared to deal with the nuances of strategies, operations, and public policy in international business.
Faculty Are Readily Available to You
Earning your degree online at UD is not a solitary journey. In addition to hearty debates with peers and faculty within discussion posts, you’ll email, text, talk, and video chat with peers and professors throughout all of your courses. You’ll build relationships, and a supportive professional network, just as you would if you were on campus. But you get to do it when it’s most convenient to you.
The online M.S. in International Business provides customized coursework that speaks directly to your role in globalizing an organization’s success. You’ll learn to avoid common and not-so-common international business pitfalls.
Globalization and Business
Assesses environmental, institutional, industrial, strategic, and organizational features of globalization and business. Considers frameworks that guide managers’ understanding of globalization and business, how managers interpret the challenges and opportunities of globalization and the implications of globalization to professional development.
Ethical Issues in Domestic and Global Business Environments
Topics include ethics in organizations, and problems and challenges dealing with external environment demands including global issues.
Managing the Global Enterprise
Focuses on the development of business strategies and management practices for managing the multinational business organization.
Future of Globalization and You
Assesses the professional, economic, political, cultural, institutional, and environmental opportunities and challenges that individuals face in the global business environment. Analytics center on explaining the causes and consequences of the expanding integration of nations. Materials tap varied resources, including contemporary analyses, multimedia profiles, and decision simulations; class design taps various pedagogies, including position papers, discussion boards, and objective assessment; class delivery leverages online technologies.
Leading Across Boundaries
Leaders in organizations increasingly are called upon to be effective across multiple boundaries, such as different societies and language groups, national cultures, regional subcultures, and levels of economic development. Examines the understanding and develops the ability to create connections and promote collaboration across boundaries.
International Marketing Management
Develops managerial decision-making skills in several areas related to international/global marketing such as environmental analysis, planning/organization, marketing research, segmentation, targeting and positioning/competitive analysis, and method of entry.
Choose any four courses based on your business area or interests.
- Financial Modeling and Valuation
- Corporate Financial Management
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Population Health Informatics
- E-Service Management in Healthcare
- Patient Experience and Engagement
- Leadership and Innovation in Population Health
- Policy and Finance for Healthcare Delivery
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Financial Management
- Fundamentals of Analytics
- Economic Analysis for Business Policy
- Managing People, Teams and Organizations
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Management Science
- Corporate Strategy
- Advanced Topics in Leadership and Teams
The admission requirements for this program are:
- A bachelor’s degree in any academic background from a regionally accredited institution
- a GPA of at least 2.8
- GRE/GMAT scores. An exam waiver is available based on GPA, work, and math education history. An exam waiver may also be available to bachelor's graduates of the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics at UD. Speak to an Admissions Counselor to see if you qualify for an exam waiver.
The tuition for this program is $900 per credit hour. Total tuition is $27,000.
- How long does it take to complete this program?
The online M.S. in International Business can take as few as 18 months to complete, however, you can complete it at a pace that’s best for you.
- When can I begin the program?
The program has six starts throughout the year. Contact an Admissions Counselor for specific term application deadline and class start dates.
- Does this program require any on-site residencies?
No, you will not be required to visit the campus at any time for this program, however, online students are always welcome to visit the campus.
- Is this program accredited?
Yes. The online M.S. in International Business is delivered through the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics, which has been accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) for more than 50 years. AACSB accreditation is the highest standard of accreditation for business schools in the world, and a distinction fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. The University of Delaware’s school code is 001431. Federal financial aid for graduate programs is not determined based on need (as it is at the undergraduate level). Federal Unsubsidized loans are a very common source of funding for our grad students. Graduate students may borrow up to $20,500 per year.
- Are there opportunities for career networking and career coaching?
Yes. Online students have full access to Lerner’s Career Services, which focuses only on Lerner students. The goal of the UD MSIB is to help students and graduates explore and expand their career opportunities with a variety of resources such as personal career assessments, networking events, business leader speaker series, virtual workshops, career fairs, and more. Learn more about Lerner’s career resources here.
- Is tutoring available in the program?
Yes. Online students may schedule tutoring sessions as needed for the following two courses: BUAD820 – Fundamentals of Analytics, and ECON503 – Economic Analysis for Business Policy. There is no additional cost for this service.
- Will I have the opportunity to collaborate with peers online?
Yes. Coursework in the online MSIB program frequently requires collaboration among classmates for case studies, seminars, and other program experiences. Weekly virtual office hours are also available in many classes to speak with the faculty. You can also schedule time for one-on-one conferences with your faculty as needed.
- Where can I learn more about online learning at UD?
Visit https://online.udel.edu/ to learn more about UD's full offering of online programs.
Fill out the Learn More Here form for more information about the University of Delaware online Master of Science in International Business.